cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue from Fido

Ironman_Shark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having an issue from porting my phone number from Fido to PM.

The PM agent has been helping but still not solved the issue.

Here is the issue now.

When the Fido SIM is in my phone, everything works fine except that I do not receive any incoming texts. (all missing texts are delivered when the PM SIM is inserted.)  This issue is very concerning as I will not receive a text to approve transferring my number.  (Agent said the Fido SIM needs to be inserted in order to authorizing transfer.)

When the PM SIM is in, everything works fine except that incoming calls go straight to voicemails.

Please help me, any guidance will be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Velenosi

I am a new PM customer and I am having a similar issue.

I received the porting text from Fido, texted "YES", then got a text from PM saying:
"We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly..."

However:
1) Nobody contacted me even after 5 hours.
2) My iphone now shows 2 active networks; one is PM eSIM, one is Fido physical SIM, BOTH of them are using the same phone number...
3) I can make outgoing calls from PM, use my 5G data, etc, but incoming calls are all being directed to my Fido line. I contacted Fido an hour after the port attempt and they said that they couldn't see anything on their end about the port, so that it maybe just hadn't been executed yet.
4) Nobody from PM is replying to my tickets that I've submitted.

I am now stuck with two active networks for the same phone number! I don't want to pay for both... How do I resolve this? Can I just go to a Telus store and get someone to physically help me? These PM support options are a little whack. I just wan't to chat or speak to a human!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ironman_Shark - your Fido account needs to be ACTIVE in order to successfully port to Public Mobile.

IS your Fido account active? If not, reactivate it and re-initiate the porting process to you obtain the FIDO SMS approval text.

To re-initiate the porting approval submit a ticket here to Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

@Ironman_Shark wrote:

I am having an issue from porting my phone number from Fido to PM.

The PM agent has been helping but still not solved the issue.

Here is the issue now.

When the Fido SIM is in my phone, everything works fine except that I do not receive any incoming texts. (all missing texts are delivered when the PM SIM is inserted.)  This issue is very concerning as I will not receive a text to approve transferring my number.  (Agent said the Fido SIM needs to be inserted in order to authorizing transfer.)

When the PM SIM is in, everything works fine except that incoming calls go straight to voicemails.

Please help me, any guidance will be appreciated.

While all texts not originating from a Telus/Public/Koodo customers should still be going to your Fido service, the fact that they aren't shouldn't prevent the receipt of the text message from Fido for authorizing the port out.  When a text message is sent by the carrier, it is handled/routed differently.  With your Fido SIM card inserted, you should still recevied the text message from Fido.

@Ironman_Shark wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

No I never receive a port approval text from Fido.

My family member texted me multiple times for testing purpose but none are delivered with Fido SIM.  I can text to someone, make/receive calls fine.

@Ironman_Shark   sorry, with your Fido sim in the phone

can you make and receive calls?

can you text others?

can you receive text from others?

Again, receive text on the Fido sim is critical as you need to receive Fido porting authorization text

If you cannot receive text, you need contact Fido and ask them if they have issue on their end

Once Fido sorted out the situation, you need to call PM porting team and PM will re-trigger the process and Fido will then resend you the text

I will message you PM porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox.  Again, only call PM porting team after you sort out the issue with Fido

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ironman_Shark 

It sounds like the porting is incomplete if the Fido SIM still works.

When you had the Fido SIM in your phone, did you reply with YES to the text confirming you are porting over to PM? You must reply within the 90 minute window. 
If you did, the Fido SIM will continue to work for approximately 2 hours until porting is completed then power off your phone and swap out the SIM then power back on.

Ironman_Shark

Thanks for the reply.

No I never receive a port approval text from Fido.

My family member texted me multiple times for testing purpose but none are delivered with Fido SIM.  I can text to someone, make/receive calls fine.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ironman_Shark wrote:

When the Fido SIM is in my phone, everything works fine except that I do not receive any incoming texts. (

@Ironman_Shark 

you have Fido sim card in the phone but you didn't receive the text from Fido asking you to approve of the porting?

So, your Fido sim card is still functioning, can make and receive calls? can send text?

You need to get the porting authorization text from Fido in order for Fido to release the line.  

If Fido does not send out the text, you need to contact Fido to ask them to check form their end.  Ask if they see the porting request from PM system and ask them if they (Fido) attempt to send you the text

You need to sort this out on the Fido end

Need Help? Let's chat.