cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue - No incoming calls anf text

aghadimi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have tried proting my Wind number a week ago, apparently the port didn't happen successfully. NOBODY has ever replied to my complains yet. I have messages MOD's
@Shazia_K , @Mary_M, @Saray_O,@Caroline_D, @jeremy_M , @Brooke_C but no response yet.

Do not know when this is hoing to resolved as it's too frustrating now.

Please some one help
5 REPLIES 5

Parady_i

Hi aghadimi,

We're really sorry to hear about your frustration and for the late response to your question.

I will glady look into this for you, can you please provide me with your old service provider account #, phone #, PM account # and sim card # by private message?

@oilblue99 thank you for your support!

Thank you!

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I understand the frustration and your concern.

That said, multiple messages to multiple Mods only compounds the avalanche (7-8 messages to each name you tagged in these new topics--not all are Mods by the way...is about 50 messages...and Mods can see all the messages sent to any Mod...).

They're dealing with an huge influx of accounts. Many worked fine. Many did not. Imagine just 15 messages per account, from 1000 accounts...across different platforms too. Imagine correlating which ones have been answered and which ones weren't.

Obviously I'm just using very conservative numbers.

• The # of messages per account could well be higher (after all, it's frustrating to wait this long, and many people likely messaged multiple Mods).
  • The # of problem accounts could well be higher (after all, there's indications they were averaging about 600 SIM shipments per day during the promo...never mind the ones handed out in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal on the final weekend). I don't know the percentage of successful ports/activations vs. failed...

Add it all up, and it's a tonne of messages. Even simply responding to every message would take time...and you could easily end up with a response for each message you sent...

To put it mildly, they're swamped. It sucks they're swamped. That the system couldn't catch data entry errors better, etc. But they swamped.

Which is not the same as ignoring you. Definitely feels the same though...so I get the frustration!

They have indicated they are going through the backlog of messages (here's one example). They will get to your account.

In the meantime, use your existing SIM (and plan). And PM will reset your plan start date to when the port completed successfully (see link in previous post). It's "just" a matter of time.

I hope you don't have to wait much longer!

aghadimi
I already sent 7-8 private messages to each of MODs with all the info and no one hasn't back to me. I even opened ticket with them but nothing
I am really angry how they pick up the jobs or how to respose. I think they can at least reply to let me know they are looking into the issue

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

[note: this response is posted in both threads...]

@aghadimi

Don't start multiple threads for the same problem...the avalanche of messages is big enough already... 

While you've tagged the Mods in this thread (btw, no need to tag more than one), they'll need more information (and that info shouldn't be posted in a public form). So, if you haven't already, private message a Mod already with the full details. Note that additional messages will just add to the pile they are trying to sort through...but if you were missing the needed details, send another message. And if you don't know your existing Account Number, please call your provider to get it.

In the meantime, keep using your old SIM (and plan) so that you have service. Then switch to the PM SIM when this "stuck" port is completed. Note that PM can adjust the start date of your plan.

It's frustrating to wait, no question. I hope they can solve it soon!

BlueEL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K - Are you able to help her out when you get a chance?

Need Help? Let's chat.