cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from PM to Koodo......but there's a catch

CrazyFairy79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've ported many times before, but this is the first time I've tried to and the account number is said to be wrong. I go thru the motions on Koodo port page and when I try to enter the account number for my son's PM account number it says it is wrong. Please help me. I am taking it directly from his account. I'm pulling my hair out here. What am I doing wrong? I contacted Koodo and they say there is nothing they can do as maybe PM is blocking the port or there is another issue. Please he just wants to keep his phone number. 

5 REPLIES 5

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Possibly a stupid question, but here it goes:

Is the Koodo account prepaid or postpaid?

Reason I'm asking: The other way round, porting from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile you'd need help from the CSA because Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile share some background infrastructure. So it could be that help from Koodo prepaid CSA would be needed in the other direction?

Either way I'd try again with another Koodo rep, if needed try to escalate?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CrazyFairy79 

Try going into a Telus/Koodo store and let them deal with the porting.

CrazyFairy79

Yes, account is active

CrazyFairy79

I've tried entering the account number a dozen times with and without dashes. No luck. And the new provider was very unhelpful. It just keeps telling me my account number is wrong.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this account active?

PM doesn't block porting. They just use the sms confirmation method which needs the old sim in a phone to reply to. But you're not getting there yet. The account number is 14 digits long. Those are zeroes, not ohs.

Support is to be done by the new provider though. All this place needs to be is active and the sim in to reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.