cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting error, incorrect ESN/MEID

MikeLeslie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received this text message when trying to port my number over from Virgin. The link in the message is broken. I think the issue was caused by me when I moved my old virgin Sim to a different phone during the transfer. I called Virgin but they said public mobile needs to complete the transfer. I'm stuck in limbo right now - please help!

----------------

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

3 REPLIES 3

JustADad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should have left the Virgin SIM in your current phone, as your PM SIM did not need to be in a phone to transfer the number or get set up.  Community forms spell this out, so that you can receive messages from old carrier to verify that you want to transfer the number. 
I know this doesn’t help now, but anyone thinking about coming to PM should definitely read the forms and instructions, as I had no issues following the instructions I read from the community form.
Hope your issue gets resolved soon. 🤞

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Note to all, despite the ESN/MEID being presented first in the options list, always, always go with using account number.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @MikeLeslie 

Here is how to contact PM. I will also send you a number just in case.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1717255681534.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.