cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from a landline.

Scribe_05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined Public Mobile only a few weeks ago and have just learned that maybe I could port my landline number.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, can I still do it with the SIM card I have or do I need to buy a new one?

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

@Scribe_05 wrote:

I have ported my landline number and received a 'Phone number change successful' message.

Should I receive another message when the number change actually takes effect?

The successful part on the self-serve screen means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  It only means that the request has been accepted and the number has been assigned to your account.  It does not mean that the phone number has yet transfered from the other carrier.  When things are fully transfered, you will receive a text message advising you of that.  Phone number tranfsers from landlines do take longer.

Scribe_05

I have ported my landline number and received a 'Phone number change successful' message.

Should I receive another message when the number change actually takes effect?

duren

What happens if you've set up a line for a senior and are taking care of that line for them (your info and cc on the PM account) and they are finally comfortable to move their landline number to the account...

Will there be an issue if the PM account name is not in the same name as the landline account name / address? Would I need to temporarily update the PM profile to reflect the senior's  info for the port to go through? It would be from an ancient Bell landline.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Scribe_05 wrote:

I joined Public Mobile only a few weeks ago and have just learned that maybe I could port my landline number.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, can I still do it with the SIM card I have or do I need to buy a new one?

Many thanks.

If something is wrong @Scribe_05 you can have help from the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details with your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes log I to Self-serve then click plans then change number. 

Enter your land-line number account  number and account name.   It can take up to a week to complete the port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.