cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Question

martymendes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I have read the procedure for porting my phone number but have one question. My Rogers cell phone is under my name on the bill but the Rogers account (tv, internet, wireless) is under my wife's name. Which name should I use in the porting process? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

georgesmilord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any name is okay, don't worry about it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@martymendes wrote:

Hi everyone, I have read the procedure for porting my phone number but have one question. My Rogers cell phone is under my name on the bill but the Rogers account (tv, internet, wireless) is under my wife's name. Which name should I use in the porting process? Thanks.

@martymendes the name on the account you are porting over must be used.

But, once you have the Public Mobile account set up, you can change it to whose ever name you want. It does not even have to be your real name. As long as you know how it is set up so you can prove your account when you need to.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@martymendes I would say your name since that is the name linked to the phone bill. You will have to authenticate your porting request so that is an extra layer of security. Keep the Rogers sim in your phone so you can reply to the text. 

More info here: How to choose your Phone Number (publicmobile.ca)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@martymendes 

You will need to use person on the Rogers account but when you create your account, you can use your email address.

If your wife decides to join PM, she can use her email address and use your referral code for a $10 off your 2nd month bill.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@martymendes   I would say try using your wife name and see what happen. 

Just keep checking your email.  If there is an issue and unsuccessful porting, they will send you an email. 

Also, there is a number you can call to confirm porting status.  (I will private message you the number, please check your Community inbox).    You might want to call like after 2 hours and you  still  not receive any SMS from Rogers confirming if you are leaving. 

Need Help? Let's chat.