cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Out - Porting In

kav2001d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Curious if any additional issues involved when you port out (leave Public) then port back in (re-join Public) at a later date

Do they send any kind of txt to confim when port completed?

Currently have no access to online account (eversafe again, wants to send me a txt but cant receive the txt)

Weirdly I seem to only be able to receive phone calls from people who do NOT subscribe to Public Mobile. Anyone who is a current Public Mobile subscriber is then instead routed (somehow) to my old providers voicemail box (which I no longer have access to)

3 REPLIES 3

kav2001d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think its required to use a new email (at least thats what error seems to imply)

Issue is once email used, they send code to email then Eversafe insists send me a txt. Which (since due to port in) I can not receive no matter how many times I click re-send

I did email support but guessing backlog is due to many other Black Friday port ins as well no reply yet (only 4 hours now, website does say up to 5 hours for cell number so we shall see)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001d 

once you successfully port away from PM, your account is automatically deactivated. You'd need a new sim to start a totally new account AND you need a different email address when you wanna come back. If you're a legacy Rewards recipient, you'll lose Rewards and only have option to receive Points with your new account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001d  That’s not a issue but when you decide to port back in at later date it would be best to use a new email at that time . You need to contact support to reside the same email again when coming back to PM . So it’s easier to just use a new email from the start 

Need Help? Let's chat.