cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Old Phone Number Need New Request Generated

derekmilsom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was not able to reply to the phone number porting request within 90 minutes. I need you to help me and push this request through again.

4 REPLIES 4

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@derekmilsom 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it for you

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@derekmilsom 

Unfortunately @Kemptville70 suggestion is incorrect. Please follow @softech 's instructions to have your port request reinitiated. You do have two choices to have a new PAT (porting authorization text) sent to you. You either call the telus porting department with your former provider's account number or you contact pm customer support and ask them to reinitiate it.

Make sure you have your old provider SIM card in your phone so you can reply YES to the PAT within 90 minutes of receiving it. Your port request will complete within a few minutes to a maximum of 2 hours. But if a half hour or so passes without it's completing call the telus porting department back and check on the status of your port. Once your port completes your old SIM card will cease functioning and your account will automatically be closed. You will then be receiving all incoming calls on your public mobile SIM card.

Welcome to public mobile!

@Kemptville70 

We are happy to see you participating in the community however your reply is incorrect. You have to be careful about advising customers to use the change number feature in their account. This is especially so during a port request as using that feature can cause the phone number to be lost if the port requests has actually completed and they're old account is closed. It's advisable for you to edit your post to reflect this new information so that another customer reading it does not get confused and attempts to reinitiate a part request in their self-serve account. Live and learn! 🤔😀👍

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@derekmilsom 

critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins.  

There is a number to all to talk to live support and the can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Kemptville70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You have to go through the phone number transfer process again. Go to your profile, then scroll down select phone number transfer. 

If you're still having trouble, I recommend private messaging a customer service agent. You can reach them by messaging CS_Agent here. 

Need Help? Let's chat.