cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number

ClintonJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I received my SIM card today and tried porting over my number from Lucky Mobile. I got the text message from Lucky asking if I was wanted to port it and I said yes. While I am able to make calls from my phone with PM's SIM, I am unable to receive calls or texts. I am not quite sure what to do next. It's been over 5 hours.

11 REPLIES 11

@Gagan15 

the text is really SMS or iMessage?

and calls go to voicemail, voicemail of your old provider or PM's voicemail?

if the calls still going to your old provider (or if you put in your old sim card and still working), it is a porting  problem.  Please call porting support team we sent you 

Gagan15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.

Gagan15

Sorry typo.  I can recieve texts but calls go straight to voicemail.

@Gagan15 wrote:

Please send me the number also.  Having trouble receiving texts.

@Gagan15 

can you just not able to receive text? or not able to receive calls as well?

Gagan15

Please send me the number also.  Having trouble receiving texts.

My friend decided not to wait for the text and went shopping then replied to the text 4 hours later!

CS_Agent helped him complete his porting.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ClintonJ 

try resetting your network settings and restart the device

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ClintonJ - after you responded yes to the lucky text, did you happen to close your account with lucky immediately after? You should not need to do this, as the act of porting to another provider automatically closes the previous provider's account.

ALSO, have you restarted your phone with the public mobile sim card inside? This can help with finishing the activation, or setting up correctly on the public mobile network. Also, perhaps perform a reset of the device's network settings, this will remove any wifi passwords on the device.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ClintonJ  There’s a number for live support to help re trigger the port  request . Will send you private message 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you reply inside of 90 minutes? It sounds like you did everything right.

Need Help? Let's chat.