cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Issue

Nguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a sim online to port my Rogers number over. When I received the sim I ported my number from Rogers to public mobile. The phone number was ported and working. 

About a day later, I was contacted by someone at public mobile who left a voicemail saying I need confirm some information about my account that I tried porting. I think the port didn’t go through and now I’m still paying monthly with Rogers. 

So my number isn’t ported from my previous provider. What do I do now? How do I confirm the information so I can finish porting my number over to public mobile?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you able to make and receive calls on your Public Mobile line? If you make calls what is the number which is showing up that you are calling from? Is it your old Rogers number? If so the port worked. If it's not your Rogers number you were trying to port, then it didn't work. Log into your Public Mobile online account. On the far right side of that home page, click on"change my number" next click on"port my number" then enter the fields the system asks for. If all entered correctly then port should be only a few minutes. Once your old Rogers number is ported you will get a text saying so. 

Cheers.

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@FBR wrote:

I don't think PM actually does any support through phone calls any more. So any calls or voicemail claiming to be PM is likely a scam.

Public Mobile does actually make occassional outgoing calls to customers, especially when it has has do with issues with number porting.  It's not very often that happens, but it's not unheard of either.  If you feel unsafe with giving any information over the phone, just take note of what the person says to you over the phone or in the voicemail messages and contact Public Mobile's moderators in the usual fashion with the requetsted information to fix the number porting issue.

Thank you @computergeek541 for letting me know that PM actually does make outgoing service calls to customers. 

@FBR wrote:

@Nguyen wrote:

I ordered a sim online to port my Rogers number over. When I received the sim I ported my number from Rogers to public mobile. The phone number was ported and working. 

About a day later, I was contacted by someone at public mobile who left a voicemail saying I need confirm some information about my account that I tried porting. I think the port didn’t go through and now I’m still paying monthly with Rogers. 

So my number isn’t ported from my previous provider. What do I do now? How do I confirm the information so I can finish porting my number over to public mobile?

Thanks 

@Nguyen 

I don't think PM actually does any support through phone calls any more. So any calls or voicemail claiming to be PM is likely a scam.

Public Mobile does actually make occassional outgoing calls to customers, especially when it has has do with issues with number porting.  It's not very often that happens, but it's not unheard of either.  If you feel unsafe with giving any information over the phone, just take note of what the person says to you over the phone or in the voicemail messages and contact Public Mobile's moderators in the usual fashion with the requetsted information to fix the number porting issue.

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Nguyen wrote:

Thanks 

@Nguyen 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nguyen  Hopefully the moderators can help you out quickly.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Here @Nguyen you can write a message to the moderator.. they will help you with that..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage....and write moderator_team in send to and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 3 days... patience Smiley Frustrated

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Nguyen You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get in touch with you shortly.

Need Help? Let's chat.