cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Nightmare

mzk173
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried to port my number from Wind to PM last saturday.

The online form "sucessful". After an hour my Wind Mobile sim stopped working, but the number was never transferred.

Any one calling me on my old number gets, this number is not in service message.

I raised a ticket on saturday Ticket Number: IN0000012605993 . So far nothing has happend. 

No one is able to call me, and I have missed some important client calls. On top of that PM support says it will take up 11 days to fix this. I have not had such issues with any other mobile service provider before. 11 days without my old number is going to cost me a lot. 

12 REPLIES 12

doris
@Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O Can you help me too. Same problem.
Support request (#6223-3398)
Very urgent! Not receiving calls for more than a week! Thank you.

doris
Can you help me too. Same problem.
Support request (#6223-3398)
Very urgent! Not receiving calls for more than a week! Thank you.

charlton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Wow... Seems like it's fixed now. Not sure if one if the moderators worked his/her magic.

Thanks,
Charlton

charlton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M @Shazia_K

Mine has been a nightmare, too. Signed up on Sunday evening (Oct 29). Tried to port number while signing up. Ran into website issues. Kept trying then it said "number ported successfully" but no change. Monday morning, received text indicating porting problems. Call back and give necessary info. Told that it'll be done by Wednesday morning. Thursday evening, old number no longer works (no calls/no texts). I figure porting is done. Nope. "Give it some time I tell myself." Friday afternoon...still no go. Finally call in again the the Porting Centre and after a long period, I'm told a bunch of things (account expired, etc.) but after more digging they say "number was ported in on Wednesday but for some reason your number wasn't updated. Unfortunately, it's Friday afternoon so it'll probably be Monday or Tuesday before it gets done." Bleh. 😞 

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mzk173

see how awesome our moderators are. @Shazia_K

Welcome to PM.

Am sure as you start using PM, you will experience the best service around here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mzk173

Ahhhhh! I'm super glad that I was able to help 😉

Enjoy, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mzk173

Wow Just wow.. Thanks a lot folks. My number is working now. 

Thanks to @Shazia_K the other mods and members!!

Feeling super chuffed with the decision to go with PM. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mzk173

I'm sorry about this, 

It's definitely a frustrating situation, I promise I'm trying my 100% to resolve this asap. 

Can you try rebooting your phone? 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @mzk173

@Shazia_K is working on your case right now. Hang in there! 

---

Thank you @srlawren and @neo911 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

neo911

@mzk173

i am sure the moderators will resolve your problem within a couple of hours. please send them all the details through PM.

I ported to PM from wind myself and it was just a 5 min process for me. There are many others on PM who have ported from wind.

I am sure your problem will be resolved asap and you are able to take the calls.

you must have, but have you tried manually selecting PM in the network list and also update the phone's operating system through wifi.

Which phone are you using ?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saray_O are you able to assist @mzk173 with their porting issue?  Pretty please?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imcphers

Have you sent a private message to a moderator yet?

@Mary_M @Shazia_K or @Saray_O

If not you should contact them directly with your issue.  They are often able to resolve things very quickly.

Ian

Need Help? Let's chat.