cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

Gust80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm unable to port from Telus to PM. I followed online and set up account no problem. While doing so I choose Port number and entered all relevant account information from Telus.

I waited overnight in hopes things would change.

With PM sim installed I can only access WiFi.

With Telus sim installed I have a fully operational phone.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Common mistake with new members not leaving their old SIM in the phone to reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM. Or missing the 90 minute window to reply.

The porting is incomplete so your Telus account is still active. Once you get the CS_Agent to restart the porting process, there is another 90 minute for the porting process to be completed so continue using the Telus SIM until it dies then power off the phone and swap the SIMs.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When request porting did you leave Telus SIM in your phone?

If yes, you should receive SMS from Telus authorizing number transfer and you should reply Yes within 90 minutes.

If you missed that you will have to initiate porting again. Both account have to be active!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gust80 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  did you got the text yet?

If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Gust80 

Check your mailbox, I'll send you a phone number to call to get the port request finished.

Need Help? Let's chat.