cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported wrong number

joshwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just set up a new account and for some reason the number I wanted to be ported over took the last four digits of my 'alternate' phone number. 

Please help? I need to keep my old number.

5 REPLIES 5

@MoreYummy wrote:

if worng number entered, it should failed port.

That's not always the case. If Public Mobile submits the wrong number for porting or if a customer makes this mistake, number porting would complete if the alternate number happens to on the same account as the number that was reqeusted to be ported over. That's becasue in that situation, both numbers would share the same account number.

if worng number entered, it should failed port.  you can port again.  

If it failed, contact support about it.   

@joshwang 

I would start first with the porting department and see what if anything they can do for you. Have your account # of the phone number you wish to port along with your account # of your pm self serve account. Leave the sim card in the phone of your previous provider. Start there then contact the moderators if necessary.....expect a 48 hour wait time.

Edit: Your port probably failed and your alternate number defaulted in your account. Call the porting department to reinitiate your port and be prepared to answer the authorization text.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@joshwang 

More details would be helpful.

Did you activate a new SIM card and immediately ported your number?  Which carrier are you porting from?  Did you include the correct account number? phone number? etc.

If you entered the wrong information, the port will fail anyways.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@joshwang wrote:

Just set up a new account and for some reason the number I wanted to be ported over took the last four digits of my 'alternate' phone number. 

Please help? I need to keep my old number.

@joshwang 

Do NOT close the old account at the carrier where your "old" number resides.

Open a ticket for assistance here and type "port request" or call the porting team at****

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.