cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported this morning - can't receive texts, can't receive incoming calls

w3ss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been about 3 hours since I ported from Freedom.  

I have data and can make outgoing calls but can't recieve text or incoming calls (goes straight to VM).

I noticed that unlimited text is not on my plan.  Can that please be added for me?  When I do it on self serve I need to pay $120 again. (I was using chrome to sign up)

@Shazia_K - can you help?

17 REPLIES 17

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is better to contact the mods directly and it`ll take 24-48 hours. Please include sim#, phone#, email used during activation, and detailed description of what happened.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

iamherepublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also cannot receive text or incoming call.

and don't have the bonus yet either.

Please help @Shazia_K or any mods.

w3ss
Took less than 48hrs. All is good now! Thank you!

neatooo

good idea, hang in there, they`ll get to you asap. I think it is 24-48 hours turnaround now

w3ss
Already pmed last night so don't want to send another pm about the same issue

neatooo
it's better if you send them a pm with all your deets, rather than tagging them here.

w3ss

@Shazia_K - pmed you my info on the second line last night.  Hopefully the resolution to manually port the FM line over will be done soon.

I'm doing my best to be patient but I was helping out a friend...and now they are stuck

w3ss

Got my first line fixed.  Just sent another message for my friend's line.  Hopefully that will be fixed soon too.

@w3ss Here's the bad news: Robot Sad Given the moderators' backlog it may be a day, or two, before you have a response. Perhaps, turn on email notification of private messages to see their response as soon as it arrives.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

w3ss

I restarted a few times.  I'll try again in an hour.

The FM sim - I can no longer get a connection.

I'll need the mods to add texting to my plan as well as that did get setup correctly during activation.

Already PMed a mod and just waiting...

neatooo
I hope you restarted your phone. If that does not fix it, try your FM sim to see if it still has service, if it does then the port was not 100% complete.

The mods are the only ones who can help you at that point.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

w3ss

@skyluv wow that long?  hopefully it can be resolved soon.

w3ss

thanks @zhadj030.  I just pmed a mod.

@w3ss It will be better to send Shazia a private mail, include your name, phone number and email as well as the issue, and they will get back to you quickly and faster then just tagging a mod.

skyluv

I've been waiting since last week Tuesday to get my number ported over from Speakout..

Hopefully everything goes through....

w3ss

Weird thing is that there was an error when I submitted payment.  Said to retry activation or post on the community forum.

I retried activation but SIM was already in use so I went through the process of creating an account with the number I ported in.  

Just waiting for port completion and Text to be added to the plan.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Since you tag shazia she will get back to you soon hopefully.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.