cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported the wrong number

VE6CPU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay I admit it.  I'm an idiot.  When try to port my number I put in one digit wrong.  Now my Public Mobile SIM has the wrong phone number on it and I can't get the web site to port the proper one.  Is there anything I can do?

9 REPLIES 9

VE6CPU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the help.  I've sent you my SIM and number to port.  I think I typed it correctly this time!

Stephen

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Look at that, the issue is self correcting.  The port is stuck and so major fiasco averted.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Shazia thank you for the new info. 

Also it has been a while since we had a member that is funny from his first post

Good luck OP

Thanks for updating shazia and appreciate your rapid response
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

yes, you are right @Samianauman. The port does fail but it the porting attempts does stay on the account and we need to cancel and submit with the right info 🙂 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Agreed with shawnc13
Port suppose to get failed since details doesn't match up with account numbers isn't when port its required account number and pin along number you porting since user made a mistake on number its should suppose to fail but since shazia involved hoping she will explain for all of us !!!!
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@VE6CPU, sorry to hear about this but I would think that the PORT would fail as with that number you wouldn't be authorized to port out that number but I am probably wrong.  You will need to contact a mod by Private message.  I will tag @Shazia_K, as well as I know she is around but in your message to her provide your SIM card number and the number you want ported and the one you did by mistake.

ETA:  She already beat me to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @VE6CPU

Oops, sorry to hear about this! 

I will need to look into this for you, can you please send me your Public Mobile SIM card number along the right number you would like to port and also the account number with your old service provider. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Mondays...am i right?  It happens to the best of us. Are you allowed to do a number change or are you bloked from doing that (like change the phone number to a temp number)

I'll tag a mod for you.

@Shazia_K what else can be done here? 

Need Help? Let's chat.