cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number successfully, however it's still not "active"

Jlam23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I followed the website's instructions on how to port a Koodo number to Public Mobile. Completed all steps and received a message saying phone number was successfully ported. However, when I click on Plans & Add Ons to check my phone number, it’s not the ported number but instead was the number that I had chosen when the account was opened.

I verified that the Koodo number was indeed ported over since my Koodo account status was changed. Message displayed in my Koodo account was “Change type status: Cancelation,port out pcs postpaid”.

Is there a delay for number porting? At the time of writing, three hours have passed since the number port.

PS. I was on a monthly plan with Koodo.

Thank you,
Jason

10 REPLIES 10

@Jlam23  Awesome ! Welcome to public mobile.

Jlam23

@Staliger 

Hi Staliger,

Thank you for your time and post! The port issue has been resolved 🙂

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jlam23 wrote:

Hello,

I followed the website's instructions on how to port a Koodo number to Public Mobile. Completed all steps and received a message saying phone number was successfully ported. However, when I click on Plans & Add Ons to check my phone number, it’s not the ported number but instead was the number that I had chosen when the account was opened.

I verified that the Koodo number was indeed ported over since my Koodo account status was changed. Message displayed in my Koodo account was “Change type status: Cancelation,port out pcs postpaid”.

Is there a delay for number porting? At the time of writing, three hours have passed since the number port.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason,

I recommend to talk with moderator about your case. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. They get back to you in 1-3 hours.

@Jlam23 wrote:

@geopublic Koodo SIM no longer working. Logging out and back in, number shown isn't the ported number; it's the new number that was created when account was opened

@Jlam23  Port must be stuck submit a ticket asap.

Jlam23

@geopublic Gotcha! Thanks!

Jlam23

@geopublic Koodo SIM no longer working. Logging out and back in, number shown isn't the ported number; it's the new number that was created when account was opened

@Jlam23 wrote:

I tried calling the ported number.

Number not in service.

@Jlam23  Port might be stuck best to submit a ticket to PM since it's still showing your temp PM number.

stpm-new.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jlam23  What happens when you dial your Koodo number from another phone?

Does your Koodo sim card still work? If yes, then the port hasn't completed.

Logout from selfserve and log back in what number is it displaying?

Jlam23

I tried calling the ported number.

Number not in service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlam23 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you,
Jason

But do the services work on your phone with the right #?

Maybe log out, clear cache and site cookies, use incognito/privacy mode or a different browser.

Even restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.