cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Koodo, unable to create serlf-serve account

Mojosulu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a prepaid customer with Koodo, but ported my number to Public Mobile. My phone is working with the Public Mobile sim card -- talk, data, text are all working as they should be -- but I can't create a self-serve account. It's been over three hours since I ported my number, but no matter what I try the self-serve website keeps telling me that the number is either invalid or it already has an account created for it.

I got my plan set up for me at a Public Mobile kiosk, so I'm pretty sure that I don't already have an account -- hence the welcome email telling me that I need to create an account? -- so I'm feeling a bit stuck here. I've also tried giving my email address to recover or change the password because, I don't know -- why not? -- but it tells me that there's not an account associated with that email address.

Anybody know how to sort this out?

15 REPLIES 15

Mojosulu

@Silvio_M still not working. Any other ideas?

Mojosulu

Welcome email = welcome email.

I followed the instructions exactly -- no dashes or spaces.

I already messaged support, and at this point they're still giving me the same copy/paste instructions to enter my phone number into the self serve portal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mojosulu wrote:

I was a prepaid customer with Koodo, but ported my number to Public Mobile. My phone is working with the Public Mobile sim card -- talk, data, text are all working as they should be -- but I can't create a self-serve account. It's been over three hours since I ported my number, but no matter what I try the self-serve website keeps telling me that the number is either invalid or it already has an account created for it.

I got my plan set up for me at a Public Mobile kiosk, so I'm pretty sure that I don't already have an account -- hence the welcome email telling me that I need to create an account? -- so I'm feeling a bit stuck here. I've also tried giving my email address to recover or change the password because, I don't know -- why not? -- but it tells me that there's not an account associated with that email address.

You mention "welcome email"...was that an email or a text? I know you used the word email but I'm just making sure.

Putting in the number for account creation...did you use any dashes or just the straight 10 digits?

And come on...we're all just trying to help. Did you send a private message as already suggested and linked?

Mojosulu

Mojosulu

Holy moly, read the original post. I got my sim card activated and phone number ported for me at a public mobile kiosk. I did not create an online account yet. Fml people, read the original post.

Mojosulu

OMG, no... I already said I tried that. I am unable to create a self serve account. Read the original post.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mojosulu wrote:

@MojosuluThis article shows you how to setup an account. Try it out and see if it helps.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mojosulu when your Public Mobile line was activated you would have created an account at that time (wtih email address and pw) - at least, that's how it is when a SIM card is activated online (see link below); there is a section titled 'Set-up Your Self Serve Account'.  If you enter the email address and pw to log in to your self serve account, and it's not working, the moderators should be contacted to sort it out.  

Public Mobile Account Setup

Mojosulu

Tried on my phone and laptop, also just tried with a private browser window to avoid cookies or old, cached pages. Didn't work.

@Mojosulu wrote:

Yeah, I dunno what the reason for the trouble is... the salesperson I spoke with did his behind-the-counter/on-the-phone wizardy and already ported my number this afternoon, so I didn't have to do any of it... just can't figure out why the self-serve isn't working for me 😕

Did you try on incognito mode or with a different browser?

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok, when all is fine please let us know what was done to solve the problem ! 

Mojosulu

Yeah, I dunno what the reason for the trouble is... the salesperson I spoke with did his behind-the-counter/on-the-phone wizardy and already ported my number this afternoon, so I didn't have to do any of it... just can't figure out why the self-serve isn't working for me 😕

JaimeLaPizza

I think it has something to do with Koodo and Public Mobile having the same parent company (Telus), so porting from Koodo is different from porting from, let's say Rogers, it's like the "number stays in the family" when its Koodo to Public Mobile.  Hope you get help from a moderator soon and welcome in the Public Mobile community !  

Mojosulu

I'm pretty sure the Koodo number was already ported because my Koodo self-serve account is now closed, but thanks for the link to contact a moderator. I'll see what I can find.

JaimeLaPizza

I have often read in this forum that porting from Koodo needs the intervention of moderators, but if you had porting made at a Public Mobile kiosk wouldn't it be good enough ?  Anyway, here's the info for contacting a moderator.  Their hours of operation have been extended: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/moderator-hours-of-operation

Need Help? Let's chat.