cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from chatr but unable to receive calls - please help!!

TRKUL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I moved from Chatr to PM today morning. I got the confirmation on self serve that number porting has been processed sucessfully. However, it appears to me that number is still active with Chatr and porting was not completed.  I am able to make outgoing calls on my PM sim but I can't recieve incoming calls as it is going directly to VM.

Can someone please look into this issue? I am new to PM forum so please excuse me if I have not submitted my request correctly.

Thanks, Trkul

15 REPLIES 15

@lilianchan wrote:

Ported my number from Chatr yesterday, everything is working fine except receiving incoming call.  I don't have the old Chatr account number, how can I fix the problem. 

The only way to get your Chatr account number is to contact Chatr customer service and request.  If you ask, they will provide it. 

rajeshghosh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi shazia I also have done the same mistakes.
Have added wrong ping.
Can you please help me?

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@snehal

Incoming calls is the last thing to port over. That you don't have them is an indicator of a failed port...likely requiring a Mod to resubmit with correct details.

First thing to note: if your old provider's SIM still works, keep using it until the port is sorted out. That way you have service, and PM can adjust the start date of your plan (imm1304 isn't a PM employee, but has obviously been here a while).

Try these steps (they've worked for some that can't even get into Self Serve...and sometimes it's been enough to get everything going). It's quick, and might kick start things...

If you're still stuck, then Mod intervention is definitely required. If you haven't already, send a private message to one Mod (not all), with the required information.

They're still working through the backlog generated by the promo, so unfortunately waiting will be involved. Use the Chattr SIM if it works...and hang in there.

I hope they contact you soon!

snehal
hi i am snehal i transferred my number from chatr to pm few days ago i can make calls use internet and everything but cannot recieve incoming calls and message. need urgent help

lilianchan

Hi there,

Ported my number from Chatr yesterday, everything is working fine except receiving incoming call.  I don't have the old Chatr account number, how can I fix the problem. 

ashar

@Shazia_K I'm having the exact same issue, and I've messaged you with all relevant information, and this is my 3rd day without incoming calls. This is becoming increasingly frusturating.

TRKUL

Recieved message that porting request completed sucessfully. Incoming calls are working fine now. @Shazia_K - Thank you so much for your quick help.

TRKUL

Thank yoy @Shazia_KShazia for addressing this issue. I will try after 2 hours.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@TRKUL

Sorry, the port had failed due to a wrong pin entered in the porting request, I fixed it by giving them the right account number you had sent me earlier. 

Please allow at least 2 hours for the port to complete and then simply power cycle your phone. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TRKUL

Tomorrow is my last day of service with Chatr unless I renew it again for one month. Please resolve this issue today, cc: @Mary_M , @Saray_O@Shazia_K@Caroline_D

Thank you in advance.

TRKUL

I am still not able to recieve calls second day of service with PM. Sent private message with all my details to @Mary_M .

Please help!!.

TRKUL

Mods, It is more than 5 hours and I still can't receive any calls.  Can you please help?

arkw
That is definitely a possibility, hopefully it'll finish quickly.

Unfortunately the mods have a weekend full of private messages to go through, so they may not get back to you today.

I helped a friend port and her data/outbound calls work, but incoming calls went to VM as well. After a few hours it cleared up and worked perfectly.

TRKUL

It is more than 2.5 hours. I just called Chatr and they have confirmed that the number is still active with Chatr.  I restarted the phone couple of times but no difference. It could be possible that porting process is not completed yet. I will wait for few hours.

arkw
Hey there, how long has it been since you ported? Usually it takes a few hours to fully go through.

The fact that you can make outgoing calls means that the port was successful, just need to wait for ChatR to move the number to PM.

Might also need to turn off and on your phone.

If it still doesn't work after a few hours, then you should contact the mods.
Need Help? Let's chat.