cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Number from Koodo not completed

destinywingert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone, 

I've tried contacting two different MODs now and still haven't got an answer. Hopefully someone can help.  I signed up on Sunday and got a temporary number followed the instructions and ported my number afterwards from Koodo.  Now I've gone 4 days with no service and I've been told the port went through.  Apple says my phone is fine and I've also tried a Samsung but I have the bars and connection to PM just no true service.  I understand there is a lag in the system but I'm basically paying to have no service right now and I'm seriously starting to regret this switch.  

Please Help!

9 REPLIES 9

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm not sure what to say, seems very strange.

destinywingert

Thank you 🙂

destinywingert

It just hangs up and says the number is not in service and doesn't even have a dial tone.

destinywingert

No not at all.  I followed the instructions and got a different number before porting and everything was perfect.  Then after the port went through I now have no service calling, texting, or data.  It still shows that it's the old number, but the moderator has told me the port was successful.  I've tried changing the number manually and turning facetime and imessage off.  Nothing worked.... I also tried a Samsung and again nothing. If I try making a call I get no dial tone and it just says the number is not in service.  All I can think of is that the sim is burned to the new number and hasn't truly switch, but because the orginal number is no longer in service I can't make calls or anything. So frustrating.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
So what happens when you try and call someone?

destinywingert

I've tried that and with another phone as well it's as if the number is in limbo at the moment.  Thanks for the suggestion 😞

stphnp

Your problem sounds like what happened to me last week. Until someone looks into it I don't think there's anything that can be done from your end to fix it. If you've already sent a private message to the moderators hopefully they'll get to it soon. You could also try tagging them in your post. @Mary_M helped me, but there's also @Shazia_K   @Saray_O and @Caroline_D. I also found that I was able to get a response on twitter, so you could try sending a tweet to @publicmobile and they'll ask you for your account info and/or more details. 

I was extremely frustrated to be without service for a few days, but they did solve everything and made sure that it was working correctly. They've just been overwhelmed with all of the new customers.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll be able to get a response soon...

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

At the very least, are you able to receive phone calls from your ported number on public mobile?  If you could explain what you mean by "no true service" that would help us determine what the problem is. 

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi destinywingert, 

Have you checked to make sure your APN settings are correct?

Also, turn off your phone, pull the SIM card, re-insert it and restart the phone.

Here's how you check your APN settings:

How to setup Data on your phone!

Need Help? Let's chat.