cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port of cell phone number failed

kgmer2012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have attempted to port my phone number from Speakout Wireless to Public Mobile via Self-Service and it appears to have failed.  I called Speakout Wireless and they indicated that the request requires the account number, pin and IMEI.  I provided only the account number in the request via Self-Serve.  I tried to port it again and receive a message as follows "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.".  I have since put in a ticket to Public Mobile via email (including my account number, PIN, and IMEI) but am worried that it could take awhile for someone to get back to me and was wondering if I could get any assistance if I posted this in the forum?  Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

welcome to PM

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Congrats!

kgmer2012

Looks like Customer Service has provided the updated information to Speakout and the transfer is complete.  Excellent service - thanks!

kgmer2012

No, I provided only the 10 digit account number with mo spaces or dashes.  Speakout confirmed that it was the correct account number but that they need the PIN and IMEI as well.  Thanks for the link re: contacting a mod.

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
Did you include dashes or spaces?

kgmer2012

Yes, with Speakout your account number is your phone number.  However, I have called Speakout support twice and they insist they need all three and it has to be provided by Public Mobile.  I will PM one of the mod's and see if they can help me in the morning.  Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
You really only need one of the 3, I think the account number is best. I've heard with speakout, your account number is your phone number, is that true?
Need Help? Let's chat.