cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my number from Freedom Mobile

kiftikhar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ive ported my fon directly from freedom mobile without first getting new no. from PM.

Its been an hour but her Android Fon is not detecting the sim yet. Ive rcvd emails from freedom mobile that the process is completed & the no. is ported already.

Plz advice if the process is still pending here?

Thanx

6 REPLIES 6

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Hkashif 

OK that's a provisioning issue with your pm Sim card. Contact customer support by sending a ticket via SIMon or put "Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation" in tbe subject line of a private message and leave a detailed message including your name, phone #, email and 4 digit account pin # (only share this info with customer support in your private messaging). Use the links supplied by @softech in his post.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from customer support. Responding promptly will speed up wait times but expect a reply within the hour. Sometimes longer during busy times sometimes less.

BTW....keep your freedom Sim card it has its uses to help edit APN'S on some international phones.

@Hkashif no worry , what wasn't completed is the sim card provisioning.   Easy fix for PM, please follow my post above to open ticket with PM suppoet 

Hkashif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I replied YES to old sim card porting msg. Then rcvd email that the porting process is completed from old provider. Now the old sim donot work at all but atleast it is still detected in my fon. The

pm sim is not even detected - as if its not there- broken! Its been done since yesterday 9pm

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Hkashif 

Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it? This would be recieved on your old Sim card. Does your pm Sim card work? All of your pm services should work except incoming calling. If this is your situation then you need to either contact customer support as per the instructions in @softech 's post or call the telus porting department phone number with your old account number to reinitiate your port request so you can reply YES to the PAT using your old Sim card.

If your pm Sim card does not work then contact customer support only to provision your pm Sim card and then they can request porting for you from your old provider. After you make sure your pm Sim card works put your old Sim card back in to reply YES to the PAT after customer support makes the request for you.

I will send you the telus porting department phone number to use if needed in the morning. Welcome to Public Mobile!

Hkashif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its been more than 2 hrs ive attempted to port my no. No update till now

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kiftikhar you tried reboot the phone., or test the sim in another phone?

What model and brand your phone?

but, it sounds like simply a sim card provisioning issue, which is a simple fix for PM support and you just need to open ticket and engage them:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.