cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in problem, Inbound calls don’t work

Amieszaniec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently switched from chatr and calls in/out did work for about a day. Currently only able to do outbound calls and inbound calls go straight to voicemail. Profile shows everything active on PM. Not sure what else to do. 

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

You do have to reboot the phone to use the ported number when the port is complete.

That's no a bad idea, but not always necessary.  I have ported a bunch of times, and restarting the phone can sometimes get things working immediately, and it's a good troubleshooting technique, but the actual reboot should not be needed.  Any provisioning updated pushed by the network should still work.  I also believe that in most cases, the customer would want to be leaving the old carrier's SIM card in the phone until that service stops working because all incoming phone calls and most incoming text messages will continue to go to the old carrier until porting has compeleted.

This is true, especially on devices with newer, smarter software. I've seen some devices which didn't need restart.

But again, we live in a real world filled with real problems. I've seen many devices which did need restart. It's the most common piece of troubleshooting advice for good reason.

@Amieszaniec wrote:

Recently switched from chatr and calls in/out did work for about a day. Currently only able to do outbound calls and inbound calls go straight to voicemail. Profile shows everything active on PM. Not sure what else to do. 

When reaching your voicemail, are callers hearing the greating that you recorded for Chatr or for Public?  One of the reason for all calls going to voicemail would if the Chatr SIM card has been removed but incoming calls are still going there.

@Korth wrote:

You do have to reboot the phone to use the ported number when the port is complete.

That's no a bad idea, but not always necessary.  I have ported a bunch of times, and restarting the phone can sometimes get things working immediately, and it's a good troubleshooting technique, but the actual reboot should not be needed.  Any provisioning updated pushed by the network should still work.  I also believe that in most cases, the customer would want to be leaving the old carrier's SIM card in the phone until that service stops working because all incoming phone calls and most incoming text messages will continue to go to the old carrier until porting has compeleted.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

MNPs can take a few minutes or a few hours. They can take days - the CRTC allows a maximum of 10 days (or even 30 days in a few circumstances) but they rarely take more than a couple business days.

Incomplete ports (still in progress) might send some calls to or from your phone incorrectly or not at all. All the local calling networks need to be updated and in the real world they just don't perfectly or instantly sync their data without problems.

If the port still doesn't work after two business days and a phone restart then you should contact PM's CSAs. The port might be halted by inaccurate/mismatched information or stuck on some other technical barrier. Allow time for interactions with the CSAs - back-and-forth rounds of private messages asking and answering the same inane questions again and again can delay your problem resolution by hours or even by days.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Amieszaniec 

when you port in do you getting SMS in your old SIM card ask you about port you reply yes

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Amieszaniec 

Try rebooting your phone by holding down the power button and power off then reseat the SIM and power back on your phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Amieszaniec Do you get service on your Chatr sim anymore? If yes, seems like porting still under process, but not yet completed. 

If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Customer Support Agents. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process:

• Then, start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon to submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.