cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Rogers but can't receive phone calls or voice messages

ChrisS25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey Guys/Gals. Anyone have this happen? I Ported from Rogers, it didn't work my first attempt. After sending a message to Public mobile I tried again and it seemed to work. I have my account with PM that lists my old number as my PM number, I can make calls, text messages and use data but all incoming calls go directly to my Rogers voice mail. Have sent a couple messages to support but its been a week. Even tried calling Rogers. They wouldn't help. Anyone have this problem and know how i can get it resolved? Not being able to call anyone for help sure has been frustrating. Thanks
P.s. It appears im still being charged by both providers.
5 REPLIES 5

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ChrisS25

An incomplete port is frustrating when the Mods are swamped. Sorry to hear it's taken so long.

Instead of just a tag, private message a Mod with the full details. The Mods will need more info from you than can be gleaned from the forum message, and those details shouldn't be posted in the public forum. If you don't know your existing Account Number, please call your provider. It's apparently a key to get this done.

BTW, your tags didn't appear to work properly (I'm guessing copy/paste snafus). Just as well as there's no need to tag multiples--the messages go to a shared pool.

The good news is that if incoming calls are going to Rogers voice mail, that SIM (and plan) is still functional so you'll have full service until the Mods can get the port "unstuck."

Also note PM might be able to adjust the start date of your plan, so you might be paying for both plans. Reportedly anyway, I don't have direct knowledge of that one.

Good luck!

seokone

yup. I have the same problem, except the incoming calls don't go to my voicemail but instead just says that my number hasn't been assigned. 

DAY 5 of waiting for this to work and trying to get something worked out but to no avail. 

I've done everything the community forum told me to do but none of them worked and none of the moderators have replied to my private messages. 

ChrisS25
As advised from reading other topics.
Any help would be appreciated.
@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O | @Caroline_D

ChrisS25
Thanks Shawn it's been about a week now. Ive sent two emails to support but haven't got a response.
I'll try my old sim tonight.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When did you do the port?  If it was recently it could take up to a couple of hours.  If it was awhile ago You will need to contact a mod as it is hung up in the process.  your Rogers Sim is probably still active you could put that SIM back in your phone and use it until the process is complete that way you won't miss any calls.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.