cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Koodo

JodyL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Day,

I've finished activating my card but now I need to port my number.  I was with Koodo.

Cheers

Jody

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for the update RosieR!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@RosieRsince PM is part of Telus. Isn't getting a new number then porting confusing and an extra step they have to go through? 

My friend switched from Telus to PM and he was frustrated with this step.

Switching from other carriers by receiving a text indicating if they are porting over seems simpler. 

Hi @BKNS27 there are a number of posts here in the forums that share the same sentiment.  Public Mobile is making a number of changes lately.. some good and some not-so-good.... and a few a total fail.  😁 

SteTem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Spoiler
Thank You RosieR

@RosieR since PM is part of Telus. Isn't getting a new number then porting confusing and an extra step they have to go through? 

My friend switched from Telus to PM and he was frustrated with this step.

Switching from other carriers by receiving a text indicating if they are porting over seems simpler. 

@SteTem wrote:

Been awhile since ive joined PM but isnt there away to port while your activating your sim?

I thought that is what i did while activating

Hi @SteTem rules have changed regarding porting since you activated in 2019.

As at November 2020, customers porting in Public Mobile from Telus or Koodo must activate with a new number first, then after activation submit a ticket to port their number.

Stay safe

RosieR

SteTem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been awhile since ive joined PM but isnt there away to port while your activating your sim?

I thought that is what i did while activating

JodyL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you,

I didn't know I could keep my old sim in.  Thanks for that.  Hopefully the port is quick. 

Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JodyL wrote:

Good Day,

I've finished activating my card but now I need to port my number.  I was with Koodo.

Cheers

Jody

@JodyL   Click the chatbot bubble bottom right of your screen and type in "port request" and follow prompts.  If you have problems with chatbot try sending a private message to Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right (next to your avatar) and type in same request. 

Only moderators can facilitate a number transfer from Koodo.  You can use the temporary # that you selected at activation until the transfer is complete or keep using your Koodo SIM until then.  Welcome to PM.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JodyL wrote:

Good Day,

Cheers

Jody

@JodyL Welcome to PM. You need to contact a moderator at the link below.

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Rqg6DB

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JodyL You'll need to complete your port in request through the moderator team.

You can submit a ticket to the Moderators here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.