cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Roaming not working

Buckers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I’m now in the US from Canada. I purchased a us roaming 10 day talk and text and it’s not working. I can see the top up payment and I can see the purchase of the add on. And yet without wifi I cannot text. 

8 REPLIES 8

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How are you in the USA when all the international borders have been closed for years now?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Glad you sorted out with some help from the community... Enjoy your trip and afterwards tells us how the add on worked for you 

Buckers

Awesome! So I shut off the iMessage option and it instantly worked. Once I messsge gets shut off, the SMS option disappears and I guess just goes to the regular sms system. Thank you so much. That was stressful AF

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure your data roaming is turned on if you haven't already

@Buckers see if you see the roaming add-on added to your plan details section.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you get the welcome to the US text? I'm guessing an iphone...do you have the SMS option on in iMessage? You would need roaming data otherwise. iMessage has the old IM - instant messaging - system so it needs the internet. Turn on SMS and it will use standard cellular.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Buckers if you have an iPhone ensure you have SMS enabled. This way you do not need your data on. Also ensure you have your roaming setting enabled on the device. To help connect to the proper Network try restarting your phone.

Buckers

Adding- when I log in and scroll down for some reason I cannot see the roaming under the my add ons section. But I can see that in the payment transaction history. 

Need Help? Let's chat.