cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation Portal and IPhone Mobile Hotspot

KrisAsteroid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to use my mobile hotspot to play my PlayStation Portal. I have a 5G plan and iPhone 12. 

when testing it will try to connect to my PS5 and it will turn it on but will not give me access. 

I tried changing the APN and didn’t work. However on my old phone I did eventually get it to connect once and play. iPhone 11. I changed the APN and then changed it back and it eventually worked once. So I assumed getting an IPhone 12 with 5G would be better. 

has anyone been able to get this to work? 

an issue apparently might be the NAT 3 that is provided from the hotspot. Possibly a NAT 2 would work. 
 Frustrating as apparently Sony said Roger’s and bell work for the portal. 

6 REPLIES 6

@KrisAsteroid 

But can another phone connects to the hotspot? if it can, then it is now a PS5 issue

KrisAsteroid

No I see that. The hotspot works and it turns on the PS5 but for some reason it won’t “connect” enough to give me access and play. Thinking maybe it is a PlayStation problem. But just a bit mind boggling that I got it to work once from my IPhone 11. 

I tried my wives iPhone with my sim. And also tried using her hotspot from her sim with the same plan. 

KrisAsteroid

Rebooting both iPhone and PS portal after every step. 

@KrisAsteroid 

PM does not block hotspot, so, it is a matter of the settings on your phone

Test your sim in another phone if possible.  And, I hope you tried a device reboot already

KrisAsteroid

Unfortunately these steps did not resolve the issue. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KrisAsteroid 

try this

1. Try to reset the network settings

2.  To to reseat the sim card.  Turn off the phone, remove the sim for a minute before you put it back in and setup Hotspot again

3. Check APN, go Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network -> PERSONAL HOTSPOT / APN -> sp.mb.com , and  Leave Username and Password blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.