cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

Nooner08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to set up and old iPhone 8 to use the talk and text with an eSIM or physical SIM card ? 
the phone is not currently being used and does not have a phone number 

7 REPLIES 7

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nooner08, is this the 6 digit verification code? If so, are you trying from the PM app on your phone or from a web browser? If from the app try the browser or vice versa

Nooner08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 

I have done all of that - and my account has been activated…. But every time I log in it asks me for a code and I give it … and then it asks again and I don’t receive a second code 😡

Burdwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

iphone 8 seems to be the oldest iOS device that is on the Public Mobile's VoLTE white list . So it looks like you should be good for continued voice service past the 3G network sunset.

Get your SIM from Amazon or call the nearest corporate Telus store to see if they have Public Mobile SIMs in stock. Getting the SIM from PM directly might be a couple of days or multiple weeks. Totally random at this point.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nooner08 

I have the iPhone 8 but unfortunately it doesn’t support eSIM. You will need to choose the SIM option.

The current promo with PM is the $15 plan with unlimited calling and texting for new members.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nooner08, If you are setting up the iPhone 8 as a new account then yes, there is a $15 unlimited Canada-wide talk and text (no data) plan available to new customers only

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

iPhone 8 does not support eSIM. This model only has a slot for a physical SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.