hiLeah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Plan

This plan includes: -

- 10.5GB at 3G Speed

- Unlimited International Text

- Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US 

$50/month.

I took a vacation in the states and I just tried texting back home and I got a text saying "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca"

11 REPLIES 11

@hiLeah wrote:

Should've read the fine print.

But I also did get the add on for 10 days.

On my previous plan but it didn't work hence why I got the more expensive plan since it included the US talk and text.

@hiLeah  - how long ago did you get the Roaming US talk and text add?

If it was with 10 days, and if you added it successfully, it should be listed under your Plan Details section in your self serve account.

Check your transaction history to see if you added it correctly: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

If you don't see it, then you likely missed step #2 in the purchasing an addon process.

1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

For roaming:

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's network.

hiLeah

Should've read the fine print.

But I also did get the add on for 10 days.

On my previous plan but it didn't work hence why I got the more expensive plan since it included the US talk and text.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hiLeah  - did you recently get this plan in order to travel to the USA?

If so, that is unfortunate. 

See the details of the plan at the bottom underlined in red.

esjliv_0-1649019012798.png

In order to have other Public Mobile...other than incoming texts, you will need to purchase ROAMING Add-ons, found here in your self serve: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

You can also call 611 or # 1-855-478-2542 from another device (needing your 4-digit account PIN for this process) to purchase 10 DAY only ROAMING addons.

Safe travels.

@hiLeah wrote:

That's abit stupid considering its already added to the plan though. I'm literally paying extra..

Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You're not the first to ask about the term "international text". Services only work while in Canada or with add-ons in the states. The next line says "to Canada and the US". Also not the first to ask. Again, only while in Canada.

To call in and out and to text out and data you need the US roaming add-ons while in the US and wishing to use the Public service.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It's a 2 step process to activate the add on. First add the funds and then choose the add on 

@hiLeah 

You purchased and applied a US roaming add on?

Again,  the $50 & up plans only include u.s. calling and texting both ways while you are physically in Canada.

hiLeah

That's abit stupid considering its already added to the plan though. I'm literally paying extra..

hiLeah

I did that and it still doesn't work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your plan works ..while calls or texts originate in Canada. You'll need an add-on for use while in USA.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hiLeah 

It's likely your phone automatically connected to a US Network. 

The $50 and up plans includes us long distance while you are in Canada. In order to use service while in the US you will need a US roaming add-on

Need Help? Let's chat.