cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not working/ Data issue

mrlise
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I logged into my public mobile account and can't see my plans page. It says to log out and log in again and I have done so but still get the error message.

Also it is the start of my billing cycle (Sept 1) and have only used 90MB/4.5GB of data and yet I get this warning on my phone that says "no mobile data service temporarily turned off by your operator or SIM 1." What does this mean? It looks like I clearly have enough data. 

50 REPLIES 50

@croftrandle where you see the update?? Latest Telus tweet was still from an hour ago..

croftrandle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's back!

TELUS Support

TELUSsupport
·
5m

[Update] Service has been restored for our BC and AB mobility customers. We'll continue to monitor to ensure network stability, and we appreciate your patience!

as of 50 mins ago, Telus Twitter still saying working on it.  no confirmation that it is fully up yet.

Gzuzgirl

Phone is working WOOT!! not sure about data as the "Public Mobile" that normally shows in the top left of my screen is still not showing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's back.

oscar_jr

I am also having the same problem with all four phones in our household. Initially it was just no data (error read: data temporarily turned off by carrier) but then talk and text went down afterwards. Everything still down as of now

JodiL

There is currently a network issue with all Telus based networks in Western Canada.

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Latest Twitter update ( 11:02am):  Service is still down in Vancouver area.

[Update] Our team continues to work on restoring service. Please stay tuned for updates. Thanks for your patience!

yippee

Looks like it is all fixed now.  Sweet!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrlise @skifan @yippee @Saba @KFrenette99 @oscar_jr 

check it out is issue Towers Map in your area...outages Here link, 

something maybe is help, do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Saba

Service just came back for me.

KFrenette99

"No mobile data service; Temporarily turned off by your operator." Very inconvenient. Doesn't seem to be answers as to when this will be resolved. 

yippee

I am experiencing the same issue about data turned off by operator.  My phone has been getting notifications for over an hour.  It's driving me nuts.  Nanaimo, bc area.

visedi

"Mobile data service, temporarily turned off by your operator" Keep popping up for the last 1 hour and still not fixed. This is the first time I had issues with PM, I've been with this provider for 3 years now. 

Gzuzgirl

I am still getting notifications that "  No Data Service Temporarily not offered by the mobile network at you.... "  I can't open it to see if it says anything else.  This has been going on for about an hour.

Cleaner

back up and running for 5 then off again. We just have to be patient I guess, they will get it figured out eventually. Have a great rest of your day everyone😎

Cleaner

dyy

cellular data not working. 

sms not working. 

acidgen

same. i was doing skip the dishes shift. This is not good!

acidgen_0-1630605404203.png

Cleaner

Yes it is for sure

yellowsubmarine

I'm having same issue and so is my Husband. ours not resolved.  pretty frustrating

ttran_27

Can report mine was not working for the past 30 mins from Langley, BC.  Getting messages data and voice has been temporarily turned off.  It seems to be working intermittently now, but still not good.  Glad to know this seems to be some kind of telus outage and hopefully its fixed soon

Cleaner

my 2 phones been out here in Revelstoke BC also. About 1/2 hr now, plan all paid, cant figure out why. May be technical issues on their end. who knows for sure. This is our only means of communication. Not impressed. Hope I don't have to change providers.

Cleaner.

skifan
Info from @Telus....which would also affect Koodo, Public and likely much of Bell in Western Canada.

[Update] We're aware of an outage currently impacting wireless customers in BC and AB. Our team is working to restore service ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

croftrandle

I think it might be popping in and out. I understand it is a widespread problem with both Telus and Bell.

jaskirat

@Meow according to telus twitter update, it's BC and AB only

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No data/cell issues in York region (ON).

It must be local outage...

jaskirat

Lower mainland. Both lines are out. No service, or data. Account page looks normal. Weird but telus reported they have an issue on twitter 25 minutes ago. Hopefully gets fixed soon!

Jillygreen5

I noticed that as well. No service on 2 of my phones in the South Okanagan, constant notifications about service turned off by my operator for SIM 1 or data service temporarily not offered by the mobile network. Frustrating in the extreme. I also went to Telus' website and couldn't get to their outages page. I did submit a support ticket with Public Mobile's chatbot, so hopefully it gets resolved soon. I have no communication until then.

skifan

Twitter updates are working for @Telus.....nothing on the @publicmobile page.  Seems it is BC and AB for sure.

"[Update] We're aware of an outage currently impacting wireless customers in BC and AB. Our team is working to restore service ASAP. Thanks for your patience!"

Need Help? Let's chat.