cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

Twray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan to the next one up so that I could call the US.  My credit card was charged right away for the new plan. The plan never changed and when I look at my account to shows that I have funds in the account that is the balance between the new requested plan and my old one.  How do I get the new plan?

2 REPLIES 2

@Twray 

Did you schedule a plan change? It sounds like you added funds to your account balance thinking you were purchasing the new plan and then your renewal occurred deducting what was your current plans cost.

When is your next renewal? A little less than 30 days from now? Schedule a plan change on next renewal.....Choose the new plan you want then pick change on next renewal. Don't pick change immediately as your plan will change right now and you don't get any money back or credit for the unused portion.

Top up the difference missing in your balance to cover the new plan cost sometime between now and renewal only to avoid a possible autopay failure as this sometimes happens when switching to a higher priced plan and relying on autopay to pay for it.

Do you need the additional data that comes with the new plan? If you don't....how much calling to the US do you think you will do?:The $15/1000 US minutes calling add on is nearly 17 hours of talk time. Add on minutes roll over every 30 days until you use all of them so if you need  5 hours a month to call the US that is the equivalent cost of $4.50 leaving 700 minutes for the following month and so on..... think about how much you will call and if you need the data as it might be cheaper just to buy the add on as a one time purchase that does not expire and have it sit on your account to use as needed.

@Twray wrote:

I changed my plan to the next one up so that I could call the US.  My credit card was charged right away for the new plan. The plan never changed and when I look at my account to shows that I have funds in the account that is the balance between the new requested plan and my old one.  How do I get the new plan?

It sounds as if you scheduled a change to occur during your next renewal. The change will happen at that time.  You can undo the scheduled change, but if you do that, and then request the change to occur immediately, the new fees for the new plan will be taken immediately and you will not receive any refund/credit for the time remaining from the old plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.