cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change without notice?

jamalbrown4321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to have a plan with 8g of data and i just noticed it had switched to 4.5g of data without any email or anything, was always wondering why i started running out so fast, tried submitting a ticket but it keeps giving me a login error so here i am, are they allowed to just change it up without notice? may have to change service providers the customer service is terrible, impossible to get in contact with a human i don’t want to speak to a robot and get automatic response emails

12 REPLIES 12

JL9
Mayor / Maire

No luckily I didn't - I haven't seen it before, at least not the reactivate button when the funds were already in there - usually it is one of those ignore if paid type things

@dust2dust wrote:

@jamalbrown4321- There used to be a $40 4.5+.5 autopay plan. When did you get the 8gb plan?

Public Mobile has modified the $40 plan a few times.  There was also a 4.0 +0.5GB plan at one point, and I believe a short-lived 2.5GB plan at $40 that didn't last (lkely because nobody wanted it as the plan had been made much worse at that time).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

Oh geez I hope not, I had a little glitch on my renewal overnight, usually it is all automatic and I just top up my balance a few days before renewal and it automatically does it, I noticed signing in early this morning it was showing not active and had the big banner and button to reactivate even though the full payment was in my account, so I essentially had to manually do it this time and everything otherwise went off without a hitch, don't like seeing all these issue tbh

That big Suspended banner still happens on the mornings of our renewal @JL9 . But are you saying you lose services too, 'cause that shouldn't happen.

@dust2dust wrote:

@jamalbrown4321- There used to be a $40 4.5+.5 autopay plan. When did you get the 8gb plan?

I was thinking something similar @dust2dust . Are some plans that are no longer available in the current offerings being affected somehow?

@jamalbrown4321 your community data is new, but do you mind sharing your activation date (or better yet the date you started this plan, if you know). Even approximate with month/year may be helpful for curious minds.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Oh geez I hope not, I had a little glitch on my renewal overnight, usually it is all automatic and I just top up my balance a few days before renewal and it automatically does it, I noticed signing in early this morning it was showing not active and had the big banner and button to reactivate even though the full payment was in my account, so I essentially had to manually do it this time and everything otherwise went off without a hitch, don't like seeing all these issue tbh

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jamalbrown4321 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

HI @dust2dust  I remember they had 3GB promo before , isn't it.?  if it is 8GB to 5GB, it make sense.  And remember there are some in-store promos from Klink or so

of course, I wonder why it is 4.5 GB showing on Plan details.   It should be 5Gb, isn't it?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jamalbrown4321    You're the second person that I've seen mentioning a plan changed without you doing today.  Could be the start of another (serious) glitch in the system.  I think you should submit ticket via chatbot or send a private message about the plan change if that's what you see in your account.

Here's couple of links:

chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent (private message):  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jamalbrown4321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it’s funny you say that there’s no 4.5g plan cause i just went looking and i’m paying for a 4.5g plan for $40 when the $40 plan is 5g, makes no sense 

370610C4-34ED-43C3-961C-5AD91D2BFFF9.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this becoming yet another thing around here? Second one with maybe this issue. I'm going to have a look at mine.

Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down to check for any updates. Or use private mode.

@hTideGnow- From 8 gigs?!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@jamalbrown4321   did you just with some activation bonus?  Some 2GB or 3GB data bonus are only for 12 months or so.    

Also, if you ever made a plan change, those activation bonus will be gone as well

And , are you on $40 plan?  that comes with 5GB data, not 4.5.  We no longer need to have PreAuthorized payments enabled to get the extra 500Mb data

Need Help? Let's chat.