cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change before renewal day

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I switched my plan from the $25 text and talk in BC to the new plan offered $25 talk and text nationwide with 500 MBs data and 500 MBs bonus if you sign up for auto-pay which I have done, data does not work!

Moved from lounge by mimmo

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

I switched my plan from the $25 text and talk in BC to the new plan offered $25 talk and text nationwide with 500 MBs data and 500 MBs bonus if you sign up for auto-pay which I have done, data does not work!

Moved from lounge by mimmo

Did you go past renewal day?  Did you tell it immediate change or change at renewal?  Maybe, still on old plan?

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One note about the network reset @GinYVR  mentioned. You will lose your saved wifi networks and BT devices. Not a huge issue, but just to make you aware.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Felixbthe1If you are using an Android phone you will need to update your APN settings to the one @mimmo had mentioned. However if you are using a later iPhone using iOS 10 or up you can try resetting your Network settings under Settings -> General -> Reset, that should update your carrier settings to the latest version.

There are other one off cases eg Lg phones etc. It would help if you let us know what phone you use.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to check apn settings. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

What phone are you using? Some phones require extra steps 

Need Help? Let's chat.