cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Update

ajfoodiesaiyan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up to Public Mobile in 2018, paying $50 for 8GB of data. For the same price I can now get 10GB of data from you yet this has not changed. I have also been in contact with other providers offering me a similar service. Please let me know what I can do to update this. 

10 REPLIES 10

Yummy: Obviously. As I said, you stick with it if you like.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ajfoodiesaiyan wrote:

I signed up to Public Mobile in 2018, paying $50 for 8GB of data. For the same price I can now get 10GB of data from you yet this has not changed. I have also been in contact with other providers offering me a similar service. Please let me know what I can do to update this. 

@ajfoodiesaiyan   you can easily pick one of the current plan and schedule a plan change.   They are pretty much the same plan except as you said, with more data

Gotcha - so basically in other words I shouldnt have left after being a 3 year customer... For close to 4 years and then come back just over a month after new rewards kicked in... Noted.. Now where's my DeLorean and my flux capicitor. 🙃

@dust2dust wrote:

It's called grandfathering. You pick a plan. You stick with it if you like. If you see something better then it's up to you change to it. The company won't. That would cause upset customers even though the customer would get more for their money.

Or vice versa. What if plan goes down in features? So suddenly $50 plan offer only 1GB of data? Nobody would like automatic plan change so you have to monitor what is going on and act appropriately.

I signed up when plan was province wide only. PM changed it to Canada wide. I had to schedule plan change and get 'better deal'.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ajfoodiesaiyan  - yes, you can schedule a plan change On Next Renewal easily and this will automatically put you in the current inmarket $50 plan when your plan renews.

But, is the Canada/USA $50 one? Because the current inmarket plan is for use ONLY whilst in Canada.

So consider this, if this is the actual plan you are on.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's called grandfathering. You pick a plan. You stick with it if you like. If you see something better then it's up to you change to it. The company won't. That would cause upset customers even though the customer would get more for their money.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Rewards and add ons are tied to the account not the plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

That won't trigger an automatic change to rewards would it? If not that's definitely the best bet. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can do: schedule plan change on next renewal from your current to $50 if current 50 offers more data.

PM will not adjust your data allocation automatically.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ajfoodiesaiyan 

Go into your self serve account and schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $50/10.5gb plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.