cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Canada & USA unlimited calling message

kellisha2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi good morning. I will be traveling to the USA tomorrow would I able to used my phone in Buffalo. I have a plan 50 gb unlimited calling to Canada n USA.

2 REPLIES 2

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@kellisha2   Yes you should be covered the same in the USA as in Canada with the exception that in the States you need a VoLTE approved phone such as on Public Mobile's whitelist here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

The list is not updated so there are newer versions of what's on the list that will work, and also some not on the list may work.  You can test this before you go by turning off wifi and making a phone call.  If the phone drops to 3G then you most likely don't have VoLTE.  In that case there is still T-Mobile's 2G network for voice calls on US roaming for the time being.  Regardless of this caveat for voice calls, data and texting should still work regardless.

If your phone is set to 5G you may have to drop it to 4G/LTE for best connection to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

@kellisha2 wrote:

Hi good morning. I will be traveling to the USA tomorrow would I able to used my phone in Buffalo. I have a plan 50 gb unlimited calling to Canada n USA.

Yes, the $34 plan that was advertised as a Canada-US plan includes service while you're in the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.