cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3a sometimes doesn't detect incoming calls over LTE

janderbar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had this issue ever since switching from Koodo to Public Mobile back in December. Occasionally, my phone will not detect incoming calls. On the caller's end, the call rings as normal and eventually goes to voicemail, as if I simply didn't pick up the phone. On my end though, nothing happens, and I don't even receive record of the call. It seems like this happens maybe 33% of the time when performing test calls.

I've tried the following

• Resetting my phone
  • wiping my network settings
  • Getting a new SIM card; I had an e-sim, so I purchased a standard SIM to try, but nothing seems to have changed there
  • Talked to several Public Mobile agents; all have refreshed and checked my network settings on your end and it sounds like everything looks good over there.

What does seem to work is switching the preferred network to 3G. Seeing as my data speeds are 4 Mb/s over 3G though, this isn't exactly ideal. It doesn't seem like I'm going to be getting any other ideas from support, so I figured I'd see if the community had any insight, or if I just need to suck it up and use 3G until I finally get a new phone!

2 REPLIES 2

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@janderbar Pixel 3 is not on PM's VoLTE list so it would have to drop to 3G for voice calls if not VoLTE enabled.  Does it make a difference whether you have cellular data on or not at the time of a call?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@janderbar 

it could be a network issue where you are at. Do you see better incoming calls experience when you are in another area?

do you have another phone to test the PM sim card?

and you cannot turn off VoLTE , right (the toggle is hidden)?  I wonder if you want to use some app to disable VoLTE and get the calls using 3G only

Need Help? Let's chat.