cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick & Pay Customer Wants To U.S. Roam

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Traveling to the U.S., want to have cell access there.  I am a Pick and Pay customer.

Even with a credit balance, the phone will not work, correct?  (Receive calls, text, data) and simply deduct from my account ...

I need to have an add-on for U.S. roaming and go from there, correct?

Can an admin message me, I read in the FAQ's to ask through PM if we are Pick and Pay customers.

8 REPLIES 8

@DaVibe, login to your self serve account and click on the Plan and Addons tab, then click the My Addons button Myaddons.PNG

and then scroll down you should be at the screen I have shown you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DaVibe

It came to life.  Now it's there.  Looks like I'm good, thank you.

DaVibe

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@DaVibe, are you logged into your self serve because when I login to mine I am able to go to addons and add the US addon as seen in this picture

AddonUS.PNG

I've seen that screen before but I can't get to it now.

How do I find THAT?

DaVibe

@stonechucker wrote:

You must have the basic service working first, before adding a talk or SMS addon.  This holds true for US roaming addons also.

If I've read your original post correct, you do not currently have an active service, so I would suggest you need to active at least the province-wide telephone service (possibly the global texting too..) and then attempt to add the US Roaming addon you're looking for.

I'm currently a Pick & Pay customer.  3 Months at a time, Pay As You Go "Plan" but in Public's eyes, that's not a plan.  That's Pay As You Go.  Service is up and running.

@DaVibe, are you logged into your self serve because when I login to mine I am able to go to addons and add the US addon as seen in this picture

AddonUS.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

You must have the basic service working first, before adding a talk or SMS addon.  This holds true for US roaming addons also.

If I've read your original post correct, you do not currently have an active service, so I would suggest you need to active at least the province-wide telephone service (possibly the global texting too..) and then attempt to add the US Roaming addon you're looking for.

DaVibe

But as a Pick and Pay customer, when I go into the Add-On section, I cannot actually add anything.  FAQ's said, ask in the community basically.

RogerI

Correct. You must add them explicitly. There are several US plans, some with voice, some with text, some with data. And a plan with all three. They each last up to 10 days. With the plan starting when you pay and activate. (remember the two step process; add the money to credit your account, and then add the plan you wish).

I say "up to" 10 days, because the day you activate the add-on counts as day One, no matter what time of day you add it. My understanding is the plan terminates at midnight in your home time zone on the 10th day. If you wish to get an extra add-on, you must wait until the day after the last one ends, that is wait until the 11th day. It's not possible to pre-stack the add-ons with a future start dates. This would be nice, and has been requested several times.

That's it, have fun.

Need Help? Let's chat.