cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones and Hardware

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any suggestions about what phones work best with public mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

GregR7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

+1 to Umidigi stuff.  i've been 99.5% happy with my Umidigi + Public combination, and had to make a change only because tethering didn't jive.  if you don't tether and just consume all your data with the phone, then zero issues!  i like my Umidigi slightly more than i liked my 2 BLU phones when i got those 2-3 years ago.

USB-C and a microSD slot should be a standard feature on whatever you select.  some phones have 2 SIM slots and the 2nd SIM is shared with a microSD card, which is totally fine since you still get a SIM + microSD card setup (rather than SIM1 + SIM2 + microSD)

kelvarnsen

I have an Umidigi works great on PM and was so cheap. Plus I love having the standard version of Android with no add one that you couldn't delete like my old Samsung phones used to have 

@JenL Try the Umidigi line at Amazon . Currently both me and mom have them and there are no complaints. I wouldn't buy off of aliexpress rigjt now. Normally they are pretty dependable, but over Christmas, 50% of the stuff ordered didn't arrive.

JenL

@mimmo  I am looking for something budget. Most likely Android if I buy it.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You can always check out Costco where they rotate their inventory of phones to purchase. Refund policy of 90 days.

I find Iphones too expensive and prefer android phones where there is a wide range of prices. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Most phones sold in Canada. 

Phones sold on Aliexpress unless state global bands should work but not guaranteed.

But are yiu looking a iPhone android and budget. Form factor etc. 

Need Help? Let's chat.