cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone that support Multiple eSims

PM-User2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I see now that we can port eSims to existing numbers.  I currently have 3 phones and I would like to merge them and am hoping it might be possible now.  Are there any Android phones in Canada that currently support multiple eSims?   My two biz numbers are forwarded to a service which transcribes to email so I am fine if only one line is active at a time.

As far as I could tell the new Samsungs support one Sim and one eSim but are there any Android phones in Canada that support multiple eSims?  

I believe that iPhone 13 and up can do this, but I am not sure I am ready to change from Android to iPhone just yet.

Thanks for any information.

7 REPLIES 7

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've had great luck with Amazon (only if shipped and sold by Amazon), but also eBay and Best Buy, believe it or not. Make sure to look for a Seller with a strong reputation and feedback, and a money back guarantee/return policy on eBay. Look for a Make an Offer option, and always offer 20% less than asking to start. Always check for brand new in box (sealed) vs. refurbished/like new/etc. Avoid Marketplace sellers at Best Buy.

@PM-User2 

yes, as of now, only iPhone 14 can do dual active eSIM, others are still 1 active physical and 1 active eSIM, maybe S24 will join iPhone 14 for dual active eSIM

Where to buy phone? I can advise where NOT to buy.  Not to buy from marketplaces (eBay, Kijiji, FB, Bestbuy Marketplace, Walmart Marketplace), there are quite some blacklisted phones out there, you don't want to test your luck  🙂

PM-User2

This is great information.  So where is the best place to buy phones? I have been buying cheapo phones from Costco, but if I can get all 3 lines on one phone, I can splurge on one good one.  2 of my phones need to be replaced in the next little while anyway.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @PM-User2 , Same with Google Pixel phones -- you can install multiple eSIMs, but can only have one active at a time. 

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Screenshot_20230908_161037_Call settings.jpg

Yes, but I can only have one on and use one at a time. 

Screenshot_20230908_161257_Call settings.jpg

PM-User2

That is cool.  4 eSims 😁

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and I have 4 Public Mobile e-SIMs installed. 

I can only use one at a time, but I can add 5-7 I believe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.