cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen and no account log in

Samantha21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, 

So my other got her phone stolen and has never made an account log in. 

Ive got a new SIM card for her from Koodo and I got her phone ... she does not want to change her phone number and would like to keep the same plan 

How do I go about this ? I have no idea how public mobile works 

5 REPLIES 5

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Samantha21,

Good luck. 🙂

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Samantha21 Public Mobile sim cards are also available at Wow Mobile kiosks (in addition to Walmart):

https://www.wowmobile.ca/en/locations/?q=montreal

Samantha21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay! I didn't know that, I thought Koodo had bought out Public Mobile ... that's why. I'm from Montreal and Public mobile stores and Kiosks have all closed down.. but I'll definitely  check out wal mart 

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If she needs a new sim card, then she'll have to buy a public mobile sim not koodo one. you can buy it online or at a local walmart store that provides the sim. if she does not have a self serve account, she'll have to make one once she activates her sim. best of luck 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Samantha21 To be clear, the person who lost the phone had sim activated on Public Mobile? If yes, you will need a new Public Mobile SIM and you can replace the sim number from the self-serve account. If you don't have access to it, you can send a private message to the Moderator_Team with the account info. 

Or if you meant the person who lost the phone is currently with koodo and would like to activate on Public Mobile? In this case, you will need Public Mobile sim to activate a new account. She can keep the same number but probably not the same plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.