cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number registry

unsub2this
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to check what phone numbers are available in the registry that I could use as my second phone line.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@unsub2this 

Your main phone line is with which provider? I take it they don't offer a feature for you to scroll thru available numbers from them? If you haven't already share the area code and exchange and we can have a look-see? There's another website you can use to research the desired number....I just have to remember the weird spelling of it to give you the link.....?🤔

unsub2this

@darlicious 

1. No idea

2. Not my phone number, just one that I thought I'd like to own

3. Yes

I would like to add it to a the cheapest plan available, as a secondary account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@unsub2this 

Was the phone number originally a pm/koodo/telus number? Did you lose it less than 90 days ago? When you call it is it out of service? If you answered YES to all 3 questions then it's possible and you can either search for it to see if it's available or you can contact customer support to see if it's available for them to select. If it is activate with a temporary phone number and contact customer support to assign it to your account.

Of course. Excellent fair warning above. ...just so you know.

Adding - Just the first 6 digits. All that tells us is the city location of the number.

@unsub2this hi just so you know ,you are on a community website,we are customers like you 

unsub2this

Can I send you a PM with the number I am looking for?

You could make the new account anytime you like. That's your first opportunity to see if you can find the number. Then after activation you can try finding it in change number.

But you would also need to know which provider "owns" the number. Maybe you'd be willing to share the first 6 digits you're looking for. That would hint to us all the area the number is at. Maybe you don't care.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

The only way would be to go to option to change phone number and scroll through available numbers (and then cancel). But it that will not guarantee you will get the Same number selection when you open new account.

Meow_0-1666104774580.png

unsub2this

@dust2dustThere is a phone number that was recently deactivated and I would like to see if I can register it to my name. I am not very sure how to go about it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@unsub2this as nice of a feature as this would be, I don't believe it's possible.  [Also, there's probably practical/non-technical reasons, such as scam callers using the tool to narrow down active vs. inactive phone numbers.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you have an account already then you can play around in the change number function and flip around towns and cities in your area (or anywhere). Click the little spinner refresh icon lower down to get a new list of 3 choices.

Need Help? Let's chat.