cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

KaterinaG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I changed my phone number and now i can dial and place calls, but no incoming calls are coming to my phone.

Is there a way to quickly resolve this?

Thanks,

Katerina,

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster FTW

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Regular port-ins from another cell phone provider can be anywhere from nearly-instant to several hours (for land line and VOIP numbers it can be several business days) . Until the port is completed your old SIM card is still active. Once the port is complete you'll receive an according text message from Public Mobile and the SIM card with your previous provider doesn't work anymore. Your previous account will be deleted (unless there is a second number on it) and if it's a post paid account you'll receive a final bill from them.

If it's been more than four hours since you placed your request you are likely experiencing a stuck port and need the assistance of the moderator team (= Public Mobile employees).

I think they have just left the office for the day but will be back tomorrow morning at 9am eastern. Working on a first come, first serve basis, they will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, SIM number, PM phone number, phone number to be ported, exact account number with your previous provider, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

KaterinaG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your response, but it seems more complicated. When I try to call my Public Mobile phone, i hear that I am transferred to Rogers voice mail, but my phone shows that I am on Public Mobile Network. How that can be?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@KaterinaG, can you please try this:

- turn off your phone

- remove sim card

- reinsert sim card

- turn on the phone and try again

Need Help? Let's chat.