cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number 236-xxx-xxxx is shown as invalid.

PeteDawson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to register an account but the phone number is shown as invalid where it asks to "Verify phone number".

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PeteDawson

Are you porting a phone number from Koodo prepaid?

If you you need to send a private message to moderator to port your Koodo prepaid number.

As @NDesai suggested, you should get a phone number from PM during PM activation.  Then, port your Koodo prepaid number to PM with the moderator help.  Good luck.

Ask if you have more question.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@PeteDawson Please do not post any personal details like phone number as this is a public community. 

Which carrier are you trying to port from? 

I would recommend you to activate with a new number first. After you confirm everything is working, you can port in your number from your account. Or you can reach out to the moderator team and they will port it in for you. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@PeteDawson wrote:

I am trying to register an account but the phone number is shown as invalid where it asks to "Verify phone number".

@PeteDawsonAre you doing self-registration here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ ? That form is for someone who set up already set up service, in store, but the store didn't set you up a self-serve account. What is the exact error you get? Is it "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." ? Did you try the password reset form?

Do you have a cell phone plan already with public mobile? If yes- Did you set that account up yourself, or in store? Or is the 236 number from your old provider and you want to transfer it to public mobile? If so, you want to use this form https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Please provide more details and we can point you in the right direction.

Need Help? Let's chat.