cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Nessie01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I put a $40 voucher on my account last night & for some reason it didn't pick it up today for my plan renewal. I did change plans to the $36 plan so not sure if that effected it. Can someone help fix this please. Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman 

Going by the time of the post it's unlikely anyone's payment renewal had taken place. Scheduled plan changes will not show the new plan until payment is taken and we know that can be much later than the stated 2am eastern time.

@dust2dust  You are probably right. It was a while ago.  

@darlicious Not sure about the new glitch. Just offering a potential reason why OP's plan did not renew. As stated by Dust2dust, it might have been the opposite situation.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I'm pretty sure that's a typo for the $35 plan. Don't we have two glitches now? Up and down? But only up should suspend the plan.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What $36 plan?

@Dunkman- I seem to think the glitch from "before" was going from a lower to a higher cost plan.

@darlicious- I read that as he referring to the $40 voucher deposited.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman 

To my understanding the new glitch affected autopay charging the old price and renewing with the new lowered price plan with the difference being deposited in the account's available funds. With the system drawing from the available funds are you saying it will suspend even if it is meant to renew on the lower priced plan if the old plan exceeds $40?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nessie01 

What was your original plan?  Greater than the $36/month plan?  

If your original plan was greater than $40, there was a glitch in the system before. If you changed to a "lower" price plan, the system is expecting the original price plan (ie. greater than $40).  If so, then you will need to contact CSA or top up your available funds to the original plan price.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nessie01 

Renewal payments can run late. While it appears your old plan renewed at midnight eastern (technically it did) Once payment is taken your new plan will be updated in your account. If it hasn't done already wait until you get the successful plan renewal text from 611 at noon eastern and log into your self serve account using secret/incognito mode and your new plan should be showing in your account.

@Metal1967 wrote:

@Nessie01  You may need to add more funds if you switched to a 36$ plan, as there’s tax to add to that

@Metal1967 Taxes on a voucher are paid when you buy the voucher. Same with a deposit by CC, taxes are paid at that time. When you renew, the $36 plan costs $36. If you use auto pay then your CC will be charged the tax when it is charged.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Nessie01 wrote:

I put a $40 voucher on my account last night & for some reason it didn't pick it up today for my plan renewal. I did change plans to the $36 plan so not sure if that effected it. Can someone help fix this please. Thank you!

@Nessie01 Is your renewal today? If it is, and your service is all working, ignore the Account Suspended warning. It is normal, misleading part of the renewal process. Check tomorrow that everything was processed correctly. You should receive a text saying you have been renewed successfully. Edit: I missed the part where you say your phone is not working! Please see below lol.

If your services are not working you will need to contact customer service.

You can contact a Customer Service Rep one of 2 ways.

1. At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗"

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though they are typically much faster. Keep an eye on the envelope icon top right for replies.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nessie01  You may need to add more funds if you switched to a 36$ plan, as there’s tax to add to that

Need Help? Let's chat.