cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is automatically answering calls!!??

ElleBee83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I have my mom set up with public mobile. She has a iPhone SE. When I call her it rings once on my end and once in her end and then automatically picks up. This is really frustrating and she’s missing calls and using up minutes! Anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11

@ElleBee83 wrote:

Found it!

accessibility >touch>call audio routing>auto answer calls

its now turned off

i have no idea how it got turned on!

@ElleBee83 so nice to hear that you solve the problem... thanks to @gblackma.  Give @gblackma credit by choosing her response as Chosen Solution.  Cheers!  👏

@ElleBee83 I have assigned the solution to gblackma. Generally, solutions are given to other members in recognition for helping you.

1. Make sure your number has not been inadvertently blocked on your Moms phone. 

2. My MIL is 94 and you would be surprised what she can change and delete all by mistake. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ElleBee83  Glad you have solved this problem.

I am prettty sure the solution here should go to @gblackma 

If you want to make this change, you will need to unmark your solution first (use the 3 dots on the top right of your post). Then you can select another post as your solution.

I assume you don't really mean that the phone is automatically answering calls but rather that Voice Mail is answering after Only 1 ring. She wouldn’t be missing ANY calls if the phone answered right away and the call was live! Even the calls from the CRA fraud department and calls to clean her carpets and furnace ducts would all be getting answered....not good!

AE_Collector

@ElleBee83 We had to finally lock my elderly parents out of the settings on their phones and pads. Their inadvertent changes were causing chaos.

@ElleBee83 wrote:

Found it!

its now turned off

If Mom is on a plan with limited calling time, consider getting the $5 / 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes don't expire until she uses them up...even if that takes several months or more. Great addition to "back-up" the $10 or $15 plans.

@ElleBee83 Try these ones instead - Settings - accessibility - touch - call audio routing.

ElleBee83

Found it!

its now turned off

ElleBee83

Thank you for your reply. 
Ive had my mom set up for over two years and almost a year on this phone-not sure why this is happening now. 

settings>accessibility (not under general)>does not have a call auto routing Section... so these directions aren’t helping me...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ElleBee83 check to see if this is on. Turn it off and restart your phone.

Disable Auto-Answer Calls on iPhone

• Open the “Settings” app on iPhone and go to “General”, and then go to “Accessibility”
  • Tap on “Call Audio Routing”
  • Now tap on “Auto-Answer Calls” *
  1. Flip the toggle switch to the OFF position next to “Auto-Answer Calls”, and then adjust the number below the setting to change how long to wait before a call is automatically answered
Need Help? Let's chat.