cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is SIM Network locked

guy_sprung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a plan, and inserted the SIM card. The phone is NOT locked according to Virgin (old provider). I'm prompted to "Enter Network Lock Control Key" to Unlock. IN the meantime, I'm not connected to the network. Is public mobile supposed to provide me with that Network Lock control key? I tried 1234 and 0000 and now I'm down to 8 tries left. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Anonymous wrote:

@guy_sprung 

Unlock your phone (publicmobile.ca)

or

Where to find your PUK (publicmobile.ca)

@Anonymous  - OP had there problem fixed 1 hour ago. Sound like locked phone that others mentioned.

esjliv_0-1642472970092.png

Well, it was only just two posts up from yours.  😁

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@guy_sprung Great you're all set. Welcome to Public Mobile! If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours of activation.

guy_sprung

Thank you, second call to Virgin did the trick!

0PX9O4

@guy_sprung 

Yes you definitely should contact Samsung. I don't think this is a regular network lock (NCK), but a master unlock (or MCK) that is needed. Only the manufacturer of a device can provide the MCK, whereas phone carriers usually provide the NCK.

TLDR: Contact Samsung

BeachNBeer

@guy_sprung Samsung Canada live chat has been known to help provide unlock codes from time to time.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/#

guy_sprung

Thanks so that means I have to contact Samsung? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@guy_sprung 

This is asking for  carrier unlock code.  Sometimes the carrier thought it was already unlocked but it could be other reason it got locked again. (e.g Samsung phone was originally unlocked but it will lock to the first SIM inserted )

So, call them back and they should be gladly provide you the unlock code

guy_sprung

Thank you- It was Virgin (in fact still have old SIM card) and they said the phone was unlocked. Or are you saying this is something other than a "locked phone"? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If those are the exact words of the message then it sounds like a Samsung phone. Contact Samsung by chat and they can help you. It sounds a lot like a lock to me.

BeachNBeer

@guy_sprung You should call old provider again (whoever you originally got the phone from) and ask for the unlock code as the message you're getting means the phone is locked to another provider still.

0PX9O4

@guy_sprung 

That code (Also known as an MCK) is phone specific, and you should be able to get it from the manufacturer of the phone.

What kinda phone do you have?

And where did you buy it?

Need Help? Let's chat.