cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone has no service

aifraim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just transferred to public mobile a week ago and finally got my number ported yesterday but that I keep loosing phone service in and out! What is happening???
6 REPLIES 6

jeferson

Because you aren't using Rogers anymore, you are on a new set of towers. Do others using Bell/Virgin/Telus/Koodo have service that cuts in and out? If so, you are in a bad reception area and that is the problem.

aifraim
No it was Rogers and it was working fine for half a day... Now my service is literally going in and out every few minutes

jeferson

Was your previous provide Bell, Virgin, Koodo, or Telus, and are you using the same phone? If so, then you likely have a sim card issue, as PM uses the very same towers as those providers.

aifraim
I only got this new sim a week ago! And I've never had reception issues at work with my previous provider.
How am I able to cancel the plan and service?
It took a week to port my number and now no service, this is ridiculous!

MCAN

Your phone may need to update to the new service. Try rebooting.

jeferson

Do you know anyone else with Bell/Virgin/Koodo/Telus/PM in the same spot? If their service is also spotty, it's bad reception.

If their service is good, I'd first chuck the SIM card in their phone and see if it becomes spotty with your sim in it. If it's still spotty, you know it's a goofy sim that needs replacement. 

Need Help? Let's chat.