cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone dropping

Lixia1010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone always dropping after few minutes of conversation. I have monthly unlimited plan and payment is automatically charged every month. Don't know why dropping 

6 REPLIES 6

Lixia1010

Hi, Dunkman:

I did manually select the phone network to 4G/LTE instead of Auto.  The problem is fixed. The you very much. My plan supposed can send international text message, but I never able to send any message to china. Do you have solutions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Lixia

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lixia1010 

As for the call dropping issue, several customers have experience this problem.  It might be a Telus network issue since Koodo customers also are complaining online.  

You can try the following fixes:

Manually select the phone network to 4G/LTE instead of Auto.  

Not sure if an iPhone issues, another online user suggested the following:

From a different forum (reddit, RFD), one customer had the following fix:

For iPhone:
settings>>>cellular>>>Primary>>>network selection>>> turn off automatic network selection and reboot

If that does not work, you may want to submit at ticket for CSA help.  Sometimes CSA can refresh your account on the backend and calling works better. 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you in BC by any chance? Seen a few comments about this issue from people out there.

Dang it.   Happens everywhere, or just certain locations?

If everywhere, have the customer support staff reprovision the account/service.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Lixia1010

eSIM

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lixia1010 

Does this happen everywhere, or only in a certain location?

Try to reboot device, or reset network connections.   Also ensure automatic is set in your device network connection settings so your device can select the best source for what's being used.

Try the SIM card in a different device to see if problem persists (if using physical SIM and not e-SIM)

Need Help? Let's chat.