cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can make but not receive calls

shamot1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just signed up for Public Mobile with my Samsung XTE Fanfare, and transferred what was previously a home phone number from Fido to this phone. 

Although my new phone can make calls, and make + receive texts, it cannot receive calls. Does anyone have any idea why this could be? 

7 REPLIES 7

shamot1

The text I received actually said that there was a problem and I needed to go to publicmobile.ca to resolve it, but... I guess I need to send a message to the moderators. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to reply, our family really appreciates it.

Steven604

I had the exact same issue porting over from Freedom yesterday.
I guess I jumped the gun and assumed the port was finished when I could call out, but I eventually got a text from Public Mobile about 6 hours later saying "Your transfer request has been completed successfully."

Then I was able to send/receive texts and calls.
Did you ever get a text from Public Mobile regarding your transfer?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They were right in saying a couple hours if the number is from another wireless carrier.  Landlines and voip carriers take considerably longer.You maybe need to send a private message to the Moderator team.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shamot1 , porting a wireless home phone from Fido should take 30 minutes to complete.  Check you Fido service to see if it's still active.  If so there's a chance that the port failed in which case you need moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shamot1 wrote:

Hi, I just signed up for Public Mobile with my Samsung XTE Fanfare, and transferred what was previously a home phone number from Fido to this phone. 

Although my new phone can make calls, and make + receive texts, it cannot receive calls. Does anyone have any idea why this could be? 

Porting a landline  or VoIP phone number may take up to 7 days.

PM had don't it work to setup you Fiod home phone number for you to call out.  It is up to Fido to release your home phone number to PM.  Not until then, you continue to receive call from your Fido home phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shamot1 wrote:

@shamot1 That's happening because your phone port is not complete. Please keep in mind that VOIP port can take up to a week to complete so you need to be patient.

Edit: Not sure about FIDO home phone because it's not VOIP so  should take less time 2 hours to 2 days.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shamot1 

Give it a bit of time for the porting process to complete...whats happenning is normal if you just ported..

Need Help? Let's chat.