cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Service

gyjycan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is not ringing and goes straight to voicemail. not all the time but enough.

Is there something that needs doing?

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If signal is low system will think you are off line and redirect call to vmail.

You can monitor WHERE do you get and do not get calls and determine what causes redirect to vmail.

gyjycan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my issue then was the actual bars for service. Now the issue is the phone does not ring and goes straight to voicemail.

I habe installed fongo but not activated. I feel I should not have to do that. I never had any issues with Rogers, and the plan was similar in terms of cost as this one and I had 7 gig data

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gyjycan   couple months ago you posted similar issue and you said you will look into Fongo app, did you actually install it? 

If so, you can set Forward not available to Fongo instead.  In that case, if you have Wifi or Mobile data turned on and if there is reception problem and the phone cannot route to your PM phone, it will forward to Fongo and Fongo app will ring or the user can leave message on Fongo if it is still not picked up

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gyjycan hi are you in the ottowa area they are having alot of issues , try manually putting in 3g mode contact customer service report your problem 

you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gyjycan   could be a reception in your area

Does it work better when you are in a different area?

You can try to change your Preferred network to 3G Only and see if it is any better, less calls going into VM

Need Help? Let's chat.