cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Port Error

Yosavon1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I'm trying to sort out an issue that arised when porting my number into Public Mobile. I was in the process of porting my number out of Bell and then changed my mind. I have since told Bell to cancel that port and Public Mobile actually called and provided me with a new phone number. Problem is that the new number is not active on my phone and the phone number I port cancelled is. Now my home phone and mobile phone share the same number and the new number is not accessible.

I've tried restarting my phone and network and re-inserted my SIM card a couple times with no change to the number. Please help!

13 REPLIES 13

HI @cathycoles2512 

i sent you the porting team number you can contact and get that fixed.  Please check your Community inbox

cathycoles2512
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks and also, I never received an SMS.  Can I speak to someone live??

@cathycoles2512 did you get a new number yet?

if you got the new number, your PM phone will work with the new number without problem

And your Bell number should be working  without problem for both  incoming and outgoing,.  So, what limbo?

Bell does not need an explicit cancel or the earlier port request. There is no approval to port and the port request will just voided itself on the Bell side eventually 

cathycoles2512

Thanks but when I speak with Bell they still say that they have not received the cancellation on their end and cannot release the block to transfer? I'm in complete limbo and have been for 4 days. Please help.

@cathycoles2512  as long as you have not replied YES to Bell porting authorization text, you are good.  Changing phone number would void the previous porting request.

@cathycoles2512- If you never replied yes to the port confirmation text then the port just fails by default.

cathycoles2512

Hi Softech,

Once I've changed the number will PM notify the service provider of the cancellation of the port request? I cannot port the number until the cancellation request has been received by the service provider

cathycoles2512

Hi Softech!

Once I have changed my current phone number, does Public mobile send a notification to the service provider of the cancellation of the Port? I cannot port my number until the orginal service provider receives a cancellation from Public Mobile.

Thanks

cathycoles2512

Hi Softech!

Once I have changed the number in my account, does Public Mobile send a cancellation notification to Bell? (or whatever service provider?) I cannot complete the port until the old request to port is cancelled.

Thanks, 

Yosavon1

It appears that I also have an issue with that 'Send Code' button as it does not display any options. I will proceed with messaging a CS agent. I'll let you know how that goes. 

Thanks.

@Yosavon1 

Please try to receive the code via Email.  What you need to do is while the site attempt to send you the code, click Resend code, then select Send email:

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If that still does not work, you might want to open ticket with support: 

1. Open ticket via Chatbot using direct link: Chatbot 
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Yosavon1

Thanks for the quick reply. Its true! I can still make outgoing calls but no SMS or calls can be incoming. Bell services are continuning as usual. 

I've already cancelled the port by calling Bell. The problem I'm facing now is that I'm unable to 'Confirm my Identity' by receiving the 6-digit code via SMS to the registered phone number. There is no option to receive a call instead, which is what I did to logon in the first place. 

Upon clicking the link, I run into an unauthorized page (Error 401?)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yosavon1 

no worry, when a port is incomplete:

your new phone (PM) will be making outgoing calls using your old number (Bell) , but cannot receive incoming
Your Bell phone : everything works like before

In your case, you would like to cancel the port.  All you need to do is to login to My Account and pick a new number once more

Go to Profile page, under My Phone number sectino, you will see Current Phone Number, click the pencil there for edit, then you can Change your Phone number,

Alternatively,  you can access the page direct here:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.